Part - 1 | Preparing for CDAC - CCAT Entrance

At the end of Four Years of Engineering, there might be a situation that may realise you, that one has learned each and everything theoretically, with no practical implementation which is most required to get a job in any IT Company (If you planning to work in Industry as Software Developer).
But at another end, this Best Part of College Life gives you beautiful memories to keep you motivated for an entire lifetime.

I completed my engineering from a Private Engineering College based in the rural area of Maharashtra, and you know the situation, no MNC ever comes to rural colleges except the colleges in cities for placement and to get Job we have to attend off-campus by travelling to cities. After my Degree, I attended Interviews at some MNC and Private Startups where I was selected for a Job with a package offered between 3.5 - 4 LPA.

But! the scenario was different was me, I wanted to be much more clear, and gain deeper experience in programming so I decided to pursue Post Graduate Diploma in Advanced Computing from CDAC (6-Months Duration Course). I heard about CDAC from my friend "Yogesh" (He works in Sony at Banglore) he did DITISS from CDAC Pune. And the more important advantage of doing CDAC was Placement which was near to 100% from CDAC which we can believe in, as there are some private institutes in Pune providing similar or specific domain/technology courses but with less assurance of placement.

*Important: Companies come separately for Hiring students at CDAC Centers (Region-Wise), not like Off-Campus.

How my journey for CDAC started?
So best & last part of engineering after the final exams is the Project Presentation which was scheduled 4 Weeks Prior to C-CAT Exam in June 2018, finalizing everything from PPT to Report was a major task for us. So 3 Weeks prior to CCAT Exam, I started preparing.

For Preparation, I had no Hard-Copy of any book and College Library Access was also not there. So I download the following books PDF
1) Let us C - Yashvant Kanetkar
2) Data Structure using C - Yashvant Kanetkar
3) Test Your C++ Skills (Document File with Code Snippet)
4) Computer Fundamental (PPTS)

In one week I completed reading all this pdf and also cleared concepts through online resources. Test your C & C++ book helped me to solve twister code snippets and gave better understanding of code.

*Tip: While Reading Book, Prepare your own notes so you can revise at the end before exams.

I opted for Section A + B and exam was quite good for one who prepared well. Section B was good for me, it was like all Questions were based on notes that I prepared so probability would be only 2-3 Questions might be wrongly attempted

So the Day Arrived after 1 Week when the result was going to be published around 6 PM but was postponed due to technical glitches and was updated at 8:30 pm and I was shocked that I got rank as follow

SECTION A: Around 7500+
SECTION A+B: Around 2950+ (Section B helped to lower it down)

So the conclusion was I didn't prepare for any single topic from Section A (Quant, Reasoning, Verbal).

But the journey doesn't end here.

I filled the counselling round, selected course and centres. After 3 Days the result was published and I was allocated CDAC JUHU for course PG-DAC. But that time I heard not so good reviews about this centre so I waited for 2nd Round of 1st counselling hoping to get CDAC Kharghar. But the luck was not on my side.

*At another hand, one of my friend got CDAC JUHU and she decided to take admission. And During Placement She got placed in Credit Suisse with Package of 11-LPA

I decided to reappear for the exam of FEB 19 Batch and exam was supposed to be happening in Dec 2018.

So Again with a "JOSH", I started my preparation but this time I focused more on Section A. During the period between Aug-Nov, I covered in-depth concepts of Section B and also Practised coding through Online Portals like Hacker Rank and Hacker Earth. And Surprisingly I solved R.S Agrawal's every chapter all unsolved questions without looking for a solution and also most-famous IndiaBix too.

And This Time I got Rank near 100 and decided to do PG-DAC from CDAC ACTS HeadQuarters.

And Another Journey of 6-Month Starts Here...

Thank You For Reading.

Check Next Post...

Comments

  1. Thanks for this blog..was searching a lot about genuine guidance for cdac &then i found this❤️..reading contd....😃

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment